Thursday, October 22, 2009

Llamar a España

Last night, I made a decision.
When I saw a cheap flight to Madrid on my travelzoo email it all came together. I am going to spend the summer in Spain. My Mom doesn't want to hear it, my dad thinks that "if I were smart I'd go to Italy." My brother was indifferent, and my friends think I've finally gone crazy again, it was bound to happen sometime.

The main critique is simply, "Isn't this all so sudden?"

For those of you that don't know, I like to work on spontaneity. I don't do the mulling and milling thing, I jump in, see how I swim, and if I drown, well there certainly aren't many unattractive lifegaurds out there. Spain is perfect: summer sun, running with the bulls, a huge tomato fight, a bloody wine battle! What more do you need?

I really want to go to Seville. When I was 2 months old, my parents moved me and I spent a year there. When I went to Italy I felt a sense of being home. (It might've just been that I realized that I do sort of, kind of look Italian) I want to see if I'll get that in Spain. If not, I'm sure I'll find a Spanish boy to comfort me!

I don't think I'd want to spend the summer with a bunch of books, and I can work in Spain- if I go as an Italian it's more than perfectly legal... I'll brush up on my Spanish starting like now, and in May, I'll be off to España! Hasta Luego!

No comments: